The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2) - Tiffany Reisz

My Rating:

4 Stars

My Review:

So I requested this book from NetGalley not knowing this was Book #2 in a freaking series...

OMG right?!  I know... I usually do my homework really well - I'm serious - I was a freaking straight A student...  With that said, I really did like the story - I didn't feel like I missed anything or was missing any part of the story.

Anyway - I knew this book was right up my alley but I'm not really a huge fan of M/M however -

hot damn

- this one was really good!    I found myself drawn to Michael's story and once Griffin entered the picture I was totally like Nora and Soren who?  All I wanted to know about was Mick and Griffin!  At that point I knew I was a goner - I absoluretly LOVED Griffin - totally and completely.  He and Mick made the book for me!

As usual I HATE spoilers and refuse to put any in here so... I'm going to have to think of some good ways to talk about this book without spoiling anything because this book has a hell of story and is busting at the seams with twists and turns.  I had a bit of trouble with Suzanne's character... I hated her from the beginning and that never really changed for me.  I loved the dynamic of King, Soren, Griffin & Nora.  I loved seeing them together throughout the book.  Enough about the story - I need to stop before I give anything away!

As for the writing - I really liked it - there were so many characters in this book and the author did an amazing job of keeping everyone in context and explaining the why behind their actions.  I will admit - I hated some of these characters some of the time... but that goes without saying when the story is good... you have to love to hate some characters - that what makes great drama and story!

The length of the book is good.  In the beginning I coulnd't figure out why the boook was so long, but once I was about a quarter to half way through I didn't notice the length and I just had to know what was going on and what was going to happen... I don't htink the book would have been as good if it was shorter - the pages were needed to keep the story and characters in line and for the whole thing to make sense in the end.

Moving on... you all know I will be reading this entire series - you should as well!