Nobody's Damsel - E.M. Tippetts Source: Review copy given by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Review in a few words:
real life sucks sometimes
everyone has to figure it out
great ending

My Rating: 4 Stars

Review in Detail:
Now... I really really liked the first book in this series & wasn't sure what to expect in this second book. I'm torn a little because while I didn't enjoy this story as much as the first (Someone Else's Fairy Tale), I completely love that the author shows us the real life of Chloe & Jason. This story shows all the shit that happens to them day to day and how they work through it... So with that said - I really really liked that Emily, the author, chose to show what happens after the "ever after" to Chloe and Jason. Is it pretty ... not really, but life isn't pretty. I loved that aspect in this book - the truth that sneaks in there and bites you in the ass when you are like me and want sunshine and rose and all the shit but don't really expect it to happen in real life. I really did like the truth that was shown in this book. This married couple is just like every other married couple in the world - they fight, they disagree, they don't know how to talk to each other all the time & they have to figure shit out on their own and make decisions for themselves. I really really liked how this story is centered around Chloe and her new career. I could not for the life of me figure out what what going on at the beginning of the chapters - read it and you'll know what I'm talking about - but soon I figured it out... not going to lie I was like 3/4 of the way through the book... but I got there! And once I got there - I knew what was going to happen - don't know if that's because I was so far into the book or what, but I'm betting that's why, my kittens... The end of this book - I LOVED! Completely LOVED!!

So let's see... I already really liked these characters and while I don't usually like truth and reality in my reading, since really reading is like mini vacation for me, I really did like reading this book. I think you should check it out =) but read the 1st book first - you'll like it better that way & stuff will make more sense!!